Asp.Net Configuration - Open Broswer When Debug
Not too long ago I encountered a small problem that occurred to one of the developers in my team when he got a new computer.
Previous to the new PC, whenever he clicked on "Start Debugging" (also known as F5) the solution compiled and opened a new browser window with the default page.
After the new PC arrived the configurations in his Visual Studio 2010 were different. Meaning - Whenever he clicked F5, the project was compiling, but no browser windows appeared.
With a short phone call I explained the steps he needs to do, but in order for it to be clear for all of us, I decided to upload it as a brief post.
- Right click on the project's name.
- Click on "Properties".
- A configuration manager window will open.
- Click on the third tab called "Web".
- On that tab you will have several sections, the first the is what we're interested in.
- on "Start Action" section (the first one) you will see many options:
- Current Page - Will open the page you're at.
- Specific Page - Will open a specific page.
- Start external program - Will run a specific ".exe" file.
- Start URL - Will allow you to choose URL to open.
- Don't open a page. Wait for a request from an external application - Kinda explain itself.
Good luck, and thank to Noam from our Bulgaria office,
CTO at ITweetLive.com